Open Access Publication Fund
The German Science Foundation (DFG) has endorsed an application by the Presidential Chair of the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg for an Open Access Publication Fund. For the years 2016 and 2017 roughly 115,800 Euros are available to finance Article-Processing Charges (APCs) for open-access publications. The Library and Information System (BIS) will manage the fund and is your contact for things open access.
Information on individual publishers (BioMed Central, PLOS et al.) is available on the Open access in scientific journals page.
To qualify for funding, the following requirements have to be met
- The author is a member of the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg and
- either "submitting" or "corresponding author".
- The journal is a "pure" open-access journal, i.e. all articles are open access immediately and fully at the time of their publication
- A peer review guarantees the journal's articles' quality.
- APCs are not higher than 2,000 Euros.
Be aware that all of these criteria have to be met to qualify for financial support!
In principle, APCs can be paid in three different ways:
- The BIS holds a deposit at an open-access publisher (e.g. BioMed Central) that is used to finance APCs. Authors should notify the BIS of their intention to publish in an open-access journal to receive an submission code that identifies them as a member of the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg. When using this code a discount of 20% may apply.
- The BIS is the central-billing address for an open-access publisher (e.g. Frontiers), who sends APC invoices to the BIS. The abovementioned criteria are checked and APCs paid, if all criteria are met.
- Should the BIS not have any business relation with the open-access publisher, authors may submit their APC invoices to BIS after publication of their article. If all criteria are met, the stated amount will be paid from the fund.
For detailed information and questions feel free to contact the person listed at the top of the page.
Room B 221
Phone 0441 798-4025
Info on the Open-Access Publication Fund
Funded within the DFG Programme Wissenschaftliche Literaturversorgungs- und Infor-mationssysteme (LIS)